Lighthouse Church is a non-denominational church and is completely committed to teaching, applying and walking out the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We do this in an informal, practical way.
The church was founded in January of 2000, and much like the early church, is home to a diverse group of people representing different ages, backgrounds and styles. The basis of our commitment to Jesus and His Word is simple: we have repeatedly seen Him change hearts, save lives, and empower those who had no power of their own. The death of Jesus has paid for every sin, and He alone can make right every wrong, give hope to the hopeless, and radically save those who reach out to Him.
The best way to learn more about Lighthouse is to experience it. Come hear the stories. See the change. We invite you to join us at 5pm on Saturday nights or 9:30am or 11:30am on Sunday at 6691 Baymeadow Dr. in Glen Burnie, MD or Sundays at 10:30am at 1121 Duvall Highway in Pasadena, MD for a period of worship, followed by a teaching from the Word of God. The music is modern and the dress is casual.
Our mission is not unique. It is not something we made up. Our mission is the mission given to us by Jesus,
This is based out of the last great commission of Jesus Christ to His disciples as shown in Matthew 28:19-20, “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” It is our passion to lead the broken and lost to Jesus and to experience testimonies of changed lives.
We stand firmly on the truth of God’s written Word. It is the Scriptures that reveal to us Who God is, who we are, and how we find our way in a fallen world. We believe in the plain, clear, bold, and consistent teachings of God’s Word. We strive to make sure our preaching, teaching and decision are based on the Scriptures as the source of all meaning and direction. In the same way, our preaching and teaching must connect with Today’s reality – but never by compromising truth, through cleverness of speech or by any other approach that seeks man’s approval before God’s.
We live in a day and age where humanism reigns, and where God has been reduced in glory and magnitude. As a church committed to exalting God as Sovereign, Scriptures as Truth and Jesus as Saviour, we will seek to grow in worshipers in all we do.
Biblical Community happens when the people of God take seriously the responsibilities we have for one another. Our desire is not to reduce community to a group or an event , but to encourage a meaningful God honoring and Biblical growth within the body. Biblical community happens as people need, care and exhort one another toward God.
The mission of the church is to spread the news of the gospel to a lost and dying world. In order to accomplish the mission, believers must be both Biblically faithful and culturally accessible. God sends us to help and reach out to those around us. Just as Jesus was sent on mission by God, we also have been sent on mission by Jesus to make known the mercy and love of God who “so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son” (John 3:16).
1. We affirm that the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, though written by men, were supernaturally inspired by God so that all its words are the written true revelation of God; it is therefore inerrant in the originals and authoritative in all matters.
2. We believe that God exists eternally in Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is the second Person of eternal triune God who was born of a virgin, became a man, lived a sinless life, died on a cross, was buried, and physically rose from the grave to redeem sinful humanity.
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit is the supernatural agent in salvation, baptizing all Christians into the universal church at conversion, indwelling and sealing them until the day of Christ’s return.
5. We believe all humans are sinful and in need of salvation. Salvation is the gift of God brought to humans by grace alone and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
6. We believe that God has created all humans in His image. He has created them uniquely male and female.
7. We believe that the Church is a spiritual organism made up of all believers everywhere for all time.
8. We believe that every follower of Christ is called to be a partner of the local church and recognize believers’ water baptism by immersion and the Lord’s supper.
9. We believe that Jesus is returning to Earth to judge all people and to rule and reign with His saints forever.